- www.bloomberg.com Best web site for general financial information. Reams of data on stocks, bonds, currencies, options, mutual funds, and many well researched investing articles. Go here first!
- American Association of Individual Investors (AAI) - Monthly Magazine
- The Vanguard Group –This site has many good market resources and provides excellent online educational information on a variety of investment subjects through its online
Vanguard University section
- Investment Company Institute - Understanding Mutual Fund Breakpoints
- www.ssa.gov Social Security Benefits estimates and retirement planning needs.
- www.aoa.gov Comprehensive online resource directory on benefits and programs for the aging, with links to state agencies.
- www.opm.gov Office of Personal Management web site provides up-to-date information on Federal Benefit Programs. Currently has info and a premium calculator for long term care insurance coverage.
- www.Carescout.com Provides vacancy and quality ratings for 46,000 nursing homes and other healthcare facilities. A very good resource site.
- www.RetirementLiving.com The best general resource web site for retirement living information. Contains comprehensive state tax info, many useful web site links for other seniors and families,
and offers a free online newsletter for specific and general senior info.
- www.agingwithdignity.org Allows you to download a copy of the Five Wishes Living Will. Provides other helpful info on estate planning.
- http://today.reuters.com/investing/defaultUS.aspx Do-it-yourself site for stock pickers. Excellent stock screening tools, fundamental data, market reports, and investing articles.
- www.forbes.com Enhanced version of Forbes stock columns also includes financial calculators, mutual fund screens, and quotes and info sheets on the securities of 9,000 companies. Excellent site.
- www.kiplinger.com A very good general retirement and financial information site offers practical and useful articles, calculators, and research.
- www.smartmoney.com Many easy-to-use investing resources. The bond information is especially useful. It has a good mutual fund screening program and many articles written on a wide variety of investing
- www.brill.com Features interactive investing research resources.
- www.redchip.com Contains research information on over 4,000 small cap stocks and in-depth research on 270 of them. NOTE: Some companies have paid for the privilege of being listed and reviewed on this